Sunday, February 26, 2006

Went to Mardi Gras yesterday in St. Louis. It was cold and boring and made me miss New Orleans. Just like in N.O., my goal was to get a massive amount of beads. However, we arrived almost an hour after the parade started, so we majorly missed out there. And then, of course Jonathan wanted to walk the parade route the entire time in search of this perfect spot that never really existed. I had found us a great spot halfway down the parade route, and we were getting some beads, then Jonathan started whining that nobody threw beads at that spot because there was a tree right there and they didn't want beads getting stuck in the trees. I tried to tell him that it didn't matter, but he didn't believe me and wanted to walk futher down the route. 15 minutes and about 3,000 stinky people later, we were at a dead end. We stopped and saw maybe 4 floats, then the parade was over. Over! All we did was walk the parade route! Ugghhh. I'm never taking the boy to a parade again.

So anyway, he's out at a shooting range with some guys, and I get "me time" for once, which will probably involve massive chocolate intake, a nap and much screwing around on the computer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Jonathan! Time for new entry plz and thanks -alc