Saturday, September 16, 2006

Our Lucky Night

So tonight we went to the Cardinals game (they WON!), got a drink afterwards and headed home. To start a string of frustrations for Jonathan, they were doing construction at our exit so we had to drive way out of our way to get home. Of course, in the process Jonathan missed a turn and was zig-zagging through neighborhoods trying to get back where we should be. He was getting all mad about it when those all-too-familiar flashing lights appeared behind us. I could've killed him -- I knew he had been speeding while he was trying to find his way around.
"Do you know why I pulled you over, Mr. ..... Griffith?"
"Probably speeding."
"Nope, you totally blew through that stop sign back there, and second, your plates are expired."

Oops. So we explained that we never got anything in the mail about renewing them, which I don't think we did, and he said he'd have to think about giving him a ticket for that. The cop went back to his car and the suspense was horrible. He came back less than a minute later, handed Jonathan his license back, and said that this was his lucky night... he had gotten a call. The cop sped out of there, and we were off the hook. What a stinkin close call. A good adrenaline rush, too.

We are such criminals (OK, mainly him). :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK time for a new entry.

Anonymous said...

amen to that.