Yeah, it's crazy. In fact, despite over a month of near-constant nausea, an ever-expanding waistline, and an ultrasound and dopplar proving its existence, I still cannot wrap my head around the fact that there is a living being in there. I'm not sure when it will become real, though some have said it probably won't be until I'm actually holding the baby for the first time.
I'm currently 11 weeks -- almost finished with the first trimester, which is known to be the worst. This past week, my nausea has miraculously subsided and my appetite has returned in full force. I. Love. Food.
Along with the excitement is all the questions -- questions that I'm not really worried about, but nonetheless they're always there. What do we name this child? What if we pick a name they later hate? What if it's born with eight toes? Where will it sleep? What do we do with it when I go back to work? Do we move the guest room or the office downstairs? Do we carpet the basement for rec areas? Do we finish the downstairs bedroom? Do we get rid of our big black hairy child, Nyah? Where does she go? How do we pay for the outrageous doctor and hospital bills? How huge am I going to get? What if I go into labor during rush hour and I don't make it to our hospital 20 miles away and have to have it on the side of the interstate? WHAT IF I RUN OUT OF FOOD??! Ahhhh!
This past weekend we told our families, and I guess you could say they were excited. My mom cried for 10 minutes and my dad, whose goal in life is to show absolutely no emotion no matter what the circumstance, teared up and had to leave the room. My sisters screamed at the top of their lungs and Ashley, that smart girl her, proceeded to jump on my lap until Allison dragged her off as to not "hurt the baby." All of this was caught on tape and is very entertaining to watch. The day was filled with requests to show people my stomach (there's not too much to see yet), but let me advise you, oh readers of my pointless blog, do NOT touch my belly. I may look innocent, but nearing the proximity of my stomach area may quickly bring out my violent side.
Here's the latest ultrasound pic we have. It was taken a few weeks ago, and according to all the books, it's twice this size now. It should be about 2 inches long and most, if not all, of its organs, fingers, toes, etc. are in place. Craziness.
4 comments:
awww...
Lucky I saved your (and the baby's) life by dragging Ashley off of you. If you need help with names, I have some grrrreeeaatt ones for you!!
Our family was just as excited! Dad, who very similar to your dad, does his best NOT to show emotions, got teary-eyed. However, mom wasn't sure what was going on at first. She was like, "are you trying to tell me something?" haa haa. I honestly had an idea, because of the way you were holding Tara(tracy's baby) at Easter. Usually you and Jonathan STAND CLEAR of the babies.
I am SOO excited for you. The next day, when it really sank in, I kept telling Aaron, "Isn't it exciting, You're going be AN UNCLE!!" Aaron, Aaron, You're going to be an Uncle!! Isn't that exciting!! huh? HUH???
I told my friend at work, who has two kids, that I was going to be an Aunt. She said, "when is it going to get a cousin?" DOH!!!
My new title, #1 aunt...:)
Ummmm excuse me... I WILL be the #1 aunt!!! Are we going to have to fight over this? LOL
Post a Comment