Last night was a (near) disaster.
We decided to make it a productive night -- I vacuumed AND steam cleaned all the carpets while Jonathan put primer on our new basement walls. Everything was going fairly well, until I ran the carpet cleaner over a seam in the carpet -- coincidentally, the same seam that Nyah ripped up last year and that we just had fixed for $100. It is the same seam that I've vacuumed over a hundred times, but this time, the vacuum caught a loose part and sucked it all up and tangled it into the dumb twisty brush thing. DANG YOU, TWISTY BRUSH! It sucks. (there was a definite pun intended there)
The good news: Even though the carpet repair company (go Sam's Carpet Cleaning & Repair!) only has a 30-day warranty and the work was done over 90 days ago, they're coming to repair it next week for free!
THEN, after about three hours of noticing how hot it was in the house, I decided to look at the thermostat. EIGHTY-FIVE degrees. The air conditioner had been running all evening, but I just discovered at this time that it was not blowing cool air. The outside unit was silent... on the hottest week of the year. Why not? So Jonathan and I picked up a flashlight with the intention of going out and kicking it, because we wouldn't know what else to do. I kicked it -- nothing.
The good news: Then Jonathan was curious what was in the metal box that had the air conditioning company's name on it. He just barely opened it and -ahhhhhhhh!- the unit miraculously started working again.
Whew.
No comments:
Post a Comment