This is the gist of what he shared... something I copied from another website.
- Lessen your load. Write down all your cares and responsibilities in order of priority, then eliminate the least important.
- Recognize your limit and call a halt before you reach your limit.
- Get feelings “off your chest” by sharing them with a trusted friend or counselor.
- Stop fighting situations that can’t be changed.
- Try to avoid making too many major life changes during the course of a single year.
- If you hold resentment towards another person, resolve your difference right away.
- Make time for rest and relaxation.
- Watch your diet and eating habits.
- Get plenty of physical exercise.
- The ultimate answer to turning stress into success is to learn to trust God and live in harmony with his will for your daily life. As our Scripture verse for today says, “Don’t worry about anything, instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs and don’t forget to thank Him for His answers. If you do this you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand.”1
God’s peace comes through accepting, and trusting to God, those circumstances that can’t be changed, however difficult they may be. Perhaps this is what Christ meant when He spoke of taking up our cross daily and following Him. Certainly He fully accepted his cross and trusted His situation to God and thereby was totally vindicated.
1. Philippians 4:6-7 (NLT).
http://help.com/post/221984-stress-i-thought-since-the-holiday
I know I have failed miserably at EVERY SINGLE one of those, and I'm probably losing years off my life because of it. I have to remind myself constantly that the worrying isn't worth it, and that I'm not even in control anyway.
That being said, I am taking a blog break. Merry Christmas!
1 comment:
After reading the suggested listed on how to be/feel better, I have to say, I would be stuck on number 1 for a long time. Making the list could take several days due to the amount of interuptions I would have. Eliminating the least important could take even longer depending on if I did the eliminating or let someone else do it. I'm thinking that my husband or maybe even, God might have some input.
That said it looks like a great plan and maybe one of us could actually work through it completely.
Post a Comment