I find this picture humorous. It was taken at a family event, and this is my 3rd or 4th cousin making ridiculous sounds with his face in an attempt to entertain Owen. I don't even have to say anything about his entertainment level at this point.
Today he feels the same way. This morning he was diagnosed with Hand-Foot-and-Mouth Syndrome AGAIN. You know, the one that's like chicken pox that you're only supposed to get once in your life? He just had it about three weeks ago, and I started suspecting it again last night. He has an enormous, very painful sore on the tip of his tongue that's literally about a quarter-inch in diameter. There could be more sores down in his throat judging by the way he cries in pain every time he tries to eat or drink, but we couldn't see any. Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do for it, except keep feeding him Tylenol and Motrin. Since he won't eat or drink, I had to go buy some popsicles (which he is a fan of) to keep him hydrated. The poor kid is twice as miserable as he was the first time, and hardly slept last night.
I swear, this kid will have one heck of an immune system when he gets in school. I think he's just about had it all -- twice!
2 comments:
I hope that Owen feels better soon!
Poor thing. Poor mom. :(
Post a Comment