Monday, November 30, 2009

Today Owen went to the doctor for his 2-year checkup and to have his cough checked out.

Yaaaayyy, happy birthday Owen! Let's celebrate by going to the doctor!

We think he's still got an acid reflux problem, which is burning his throat and aggravating his cold-induced cough. Apparently that acid can seep into the ear canal and cause infection, which explains redness in one of his ears. He starts an antibiotic tonight to make sure he doesn't get a full-blown infection.

The checkup portion went well -- he is 27 lbs. (47th percentile) and 35 inches tall (40th percentile). Physically and mentally he's right on track.

Then came the shots. I had brought one of his new birthday toys to distract him, but he saw right through my trick. When the first shot went in, he screamed -- eyes bulging, like someone had just hacked off his leg. When given the second shot, he took the screaming a level higher, and looked at me like I was the devil himself. As the nurse left the room, he tried to stand on his leg but acted like he might never walk on it again. Still wailing, he looked at me and cried, "Why??? .... WHY?!?!" I felt a little bad about it, but I kind of got a kick out of that. Poor little man.

5 comments:

Manda said...

The shot thing may get better. I actually have a girl who has been know to ask for a shot--when it is her sister's visit to the doctor.

Now where has the past two years gone? I can't believe your baby boy is now two! I'll try to hold off on asking when there will be more babies at your house for Owen to play with...

KG said...

That's funny.

Yes, you should probably hold off asking that. :)

Becca said...

Hahahaha! I love his reaction. You might look into Juliard for acting... That's quite impressive!

The Hazeletts said...

I'm sorry. I LOL'ed at this story.

Aunt Ashley said...

I just laughed so hard I cried hysterically.