I just received an email from Owen's daycare lady and she says Owen is ready to start potty training. Hooray! And (she says), oh, by the way, you need to buy thick cloth training pants, not Pull-Ups. And, P.S. they cost $3 per pair and you need 24 pairs. WHAT?!! Why wasn't I informed of this BEFORE I got boxes of Pull-Ups? Her point (which I do understand) is that Pull-Ups, while less messy, feel just like diapers so they're more likely to make messes in them. Fine. Whatever. Dang kids eatin' up all our moneys!
As a poor start to the potty training process, five minutes ago Owen hid on the other side of the room and was quiet for a minute. That means one thing. He emerged with a red face and I said, "OWEN! You're supposed to TELL me when you need to go poo-poo."
(pause, looking around)
"Mama! Poo-poo!"
4 comments:
*I'm* totally ready to start potty training, but I'm pretty sure that Gracia could live in a dirty diaper... it doesn't seem to phase her. *sigh* I figure it'll be a death match come this summer... Good luck to you!!
Walmart will always let you return the pull-ups. I've heard lots of people say that the training pants are better, but seems like something you guys would get to decide not your day care lady.
Good luck with everything! Gavin does good on the days he wears his big boy underwear, but is not good enough to wear them all day yet.
I've been talking to his sitter a lot about this and she's fully convinced that cloth training pants are the way to go, judging from experience with her own kids and the other kids in the daycare she's successfully potty trained in by 2 years and 6 months. This lady really does know what she's talking about in everything else related to children, so I'll take her word on this issue!
Thankfully, I think the money we'll get back for the Pull-Ups will be enough to cover the training pants. Yay!
Cloth pants, mabey that's been my down fall. We have cloth pants, maybe even 24 pairs(why are they called a pair anyway?). All I know is that Olivia doesn't want to potty train and I haven't made her really work on it. Her sister's both did it on their own around 3 1/2.
I sure hope that Owen learns quick that way there will be less accidents for you to clean up.
He's just so darn cute!
Post a Comment