Saturday morning we walked a couple of blocks away for a homecoming parade. Though it was the lamest parade I've ever seen, Owen was mesmerized by the marching bands and all the candy being thrown at him. He ate more suckers that day than he had in his entire life.
That afternoon, we went to Eckert's in Grafton and picked some apples. He is STILL talking about that experience! If you were to ask him about it, his response would sound something like this: "I went on a tractor and went really, really far and up the hill and down the hill and daddy jumped and picked the apples really, really high and I ate an apple and then mommy threw it in the grass." (He was done with it, OK? I'm not that mean.) He also played in the kids' area -- they had goats to feed (though most of them weren't hungry), camels to ride and other activities. At the end, I bought him a miniature pumpkin for being good that day, and he loves it. I had planned on taking lots of pictures there, but my camera battery died as soon as I got this first shot:

Sunday we went to the Florissant Fall Festival which wasn't quite as exciting, but he got to draw all over the city streets with jumbo chalk and see a "big man" make balloon animals.
No comments:
Post a Comment