Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I know this is not exciting, but I thought I would post a few pictures of my trip to San Antonio last weekend. I didn't take that many, as I didn't feel like lugging my camera around -- but here are a few highlights.
This is the USS Lexington, an old Navy ship off the coast of Corpus Christi, TX. It's stinking huge.

On the huge flight deck. I read that the flight deck is big enough to play three football games at the same time.
(Side note: In this picture he looks a lot like a guy in my high school class. J'ville people, let's see if you can guess.)

While Jonathan is in TX learning how to shoot huge guns, none of them are as big as this one! He was sad it was non-functional.


This is what most of the halls looked like in the lower levels of the ship. By the way, this ship is supposedly haunted and was recently featured on Ghost Hunters.

I made him stand there for a creepy picture. Just because.

Birds! I don't know what kind they are but they were everywhere on the beach and I thought they were pretty.

I think partly due to the tropical storm off the coast of Florida, the waves were particularly huge. Jonathan had lots of fun in the ocean. This girl is haunted by the memory of being stung by a jellyfish nine years ago and doesn't really like hanging out in a ginormous body of water where sharks and jellyfish and stingrays play. She would rather sit on the beach and take pictures of...

MORE BIRDS!

This makes bird #4



I know you can't get enough of these things.  #5

I built a little "J" sand castle... on his feet.

P.S. I'm not a total loser. I did get in the water quite a bit... I just didn't venture a mile out like Jonathan did!

The only other noteworthy thing that happened was on the plane ride from San Antonio to Dallas. I flew Southwest, so you choose your own seating. A middle eastern man, about 35-40 years old, sat next to me. Now I'm not racist and I have no problem sitting next to a man of a different race or religion. But keeping certain historical events in mind, I DO have a problem with a middle eastern man appearing very nervous, sweating bullets, clutching his hand to his heart, and reading an Islamic book about the afterlife on a commercial airliner. I wasn't a bit nervous until I saw what he was reading, and the entire time I thought I was near the end of my life. However, if he is a terrorist (which I doubt he is) he did not take down the plane and I survived.  :)

No comments: