I love my job.
I still go out to lunch with my old co-workers, and it's humorous to hear the same old crap they're going through. My old boss has seemed to become more... what's a nice word... disagreeable over time. I couldn't imagine it would get any worse, but I'm glad I'm not there to experience it. Since I left, job assignments were redistributed by my boss in a totally random way, I think for the sole purpose of making everybody mad. So now EVERYONE HATES EACH OTHER.
Sucks to be them!
Meanwhile, I'm making the 30-second commute to work. If I arrive 10 minutes late, WHO CARES?! In fact, who even notices?! I sit at a huge desk with my G5 (Mac) purring at my feet and my dual monitors in front of me, using the latest graphic software. I make my own purchases, my own decisions, my own deadlines. In fact, last night I decided I wasn't going to work this morning! I'll work a 1-8pm or something like that, because I have a big project to work on and it's much easier to concentrate when people aren't buzzing in and out of the office. But the fact that I have the choice of doing that is just plain awesome.
So for all you people with sucky jobs... There's hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment