I've noticed that when you're pregnant, people like to go out of their way to tell horrer stories about how awful their kids are. Why is this? Why purposely put a damper on a future mom's upcoming excitement of having a baby by trying to convince them that it's not really exciting -- or worth it -- at all?
Someone actually just told me that it's not too late to adopt Owen out. Maybe it's my pregnancy hormones that have made me super-sensitive lately, but I took offense to that. Seriously, why would you say that, even if you were joking??
3 comments:
I would agree that is pretty appalling. Well, at least you know where to turn if you want an earful of cute kid tidbits from an overly proud parent. For example, today our beloved 3-year-old Ashley happened to ask when "Johnny G" would be coming over again, and I almost lost it. I had introduced him to her that way about a week and a half ago. Totally had to be there, but luckily I was.
OK, next entry please. Is my Owen here YET!?!?!
He just kicked me when you said that, so I don't know what that means.
Post a Comment