Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Well, I got my test results back. Unfortunately, they diagnosed me with gestational diabetes. :(

What does that mean, you ask? Heck if I know. It means a carefully controlled diet and exercise, and frequent monitoring of my blood sugar. (Yeah, that phobia of needles and blood is going to have to go.) It means very little sugar and very few carbs. Big ouch on the "low sugar" part.

They're supposed to be hooking me up with a class at the hospital to learn what I need to be doing. If I don't keep my blood sugar under control, Owen suffers. That's what stinks. If I screw up, I mess up his life too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a bummer. Oh, the things you will do for your baby.

So, what then would you like us to serve to eat at your shower???

KG said...

Don't change anything! There will be stuff I can eat, just in smaller portions. Not a big deal.