On Saturday, Jonathan, Owen, my sisters, parents and I went to Starved Rock State Park (kind of near Chicago) for the wedding of an old church/high school friend. Though we got a late start, we made it on time and was seated in the last row. That ended up being a good thing. Why? About 15 minutes into the ceremony, someone in the back decided to power on their laptop and it played - very loudly - that startup "chime". Though it was an obvious interruption, no one said anything until my dad whispered "That was my stomach." Well, those four words were enough to make all three of us girls laugh until we were convulsing and struggling to breathe. Jonathan was sitting there shaking his head, saying "Oh, no, not again." He knew that once we get going, there is no stopping. I think I missed half the wedding just because I was trying to compose myself and at least pretend I was an adult.

Look, it's almost like we like each other.
That is about the extent of the excitement. We stayed in a hotel, took Owen swimming, met my old college roommate for lunch and walked around a mall then drove home.
In other news, Owen is very sick again. Last night, he was completely fine when I put him to bed, and 15 minutes later, he had a fever. He hardly slept all night and his fever got up to 103 before it came back down a little this evening. The doctor says it's some virus, and he may have the fever for another day or two. Poor little guy.
1 comment:
This is a really good picture of the two of you!!
Post a Comment