Thursday, April 16, 2009

I was just getting into a project that I was supposed to have finished on Tuesday when I got a call from Cindy, Owen's sitter. Apparently Owen had been sitting in the Cozy Coupe when he spotted a ball that he wanted in front of the car. He reached out to get it, and fell flat on his head. His neck twisted funny, then his body fell on top. Of course he was in pain, so Cindy comforted him but he kept walking off to the corner to cry by himself. This is not Owen-like -- when he's upset, he clings to people. That's when she called me, and I called the nurse who said to take him to the ER.

So that was our excitement for the day. He was back to his normal self by the time I picked him up, and they didn't even need to do CAT scans or x-rays to see that his neurological functions were perfect.

Knowing that he is related to his father, I'm confident this will not be our last trip to the ER.

1 comment:

The Hazeletts said...

He looks like trouble in that picture! Glad he's okay.