Friday, February 12, 2010

For anyone who knows Jonathan and I, you believe me when I say that Owen probably talks more than both of us combined. He is constantly blabbering happily about anything and everything. He knows he's funny and does his best to entertain us. Some highlights from the last week:
  • On the way home from daycare, he sang "Old MacDonald Had a Farm", Owen-style... "E-I-O Quack, E-I-O Quack, E-I-O Kitchen..." (Kitchen=chicken)
  • He has recently decided that the corner of our living room that holds a basket full of blankets is haunted, or that a monster lives under the blankets. One time my dad was over and suggested that perhaps he sees dead people, from the movie The Sixth Sense. The other night, Owen was sneaking around, pointing to that corner. I said, "What do you see?" He immediately ran into the kitchen, grabbed Jonathan's hand and dragged him into the living room, pointed to the corner and said, "dead people!" I realize that this is not what we should be teaching a two-year-old, but we laughed so hard I think we were both in tears.
  • His version of the alphabet: "E, B, D, B, E, now I know... with me..."
  • "Yes Dee-da la me..." - Yes, Jesus loves me
  • "I WANT MY MOOOOOOOOSE!" This is what we hear if we turn out the light in his bedroom before he has a chance to get his stuffed animal situated. (Grandma Shirley, he loves that moose.)

2 comments:

A.J. said...

Oh my gosh! He is a hoot! I need to see him.

Becca said...

Dead people! I love it!