I HATE the cliché term, "terrible twos." Not only am I sick of hearing about it, I've always kind of held the belief that it was just an excuse parents used because they couldn't control their children.
Welp, we're there. I won't use the term, but WE'RE THERE. Owen used to be pretty sweet most of the time, but suddenly this raging devil entity has taken over his body.
For example, a conversation had this morning before leaving the house:
"I want candy."
"No, not this morning."
"I want caaaaaandy!"
"Sorry, bud, we're going to go have breakfast."
"NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NO BREAKFAST! WANT CANDY!"
(This the point at which he threw his body on the floor and started kicking. I calmly stood him back up as he continued air kicking.)
"NOT NICE! YOU BAD! YOU BAAADDDDDDDD!"
What's very interesting to watch is his characteristically toddler-esque way of losing control of himself. He yells, kicks and/or hits and eventually gets a look on his face as if to say, "What just happened?" and apologizes and all is well... Until 30 seconds later when he is full of rage again. :D
1 comment:
This made me laugh until I realized I'll be with him Saturday/Sunday. I hope this does not happen...
Post a Comment