Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Well, today didn't go as planned.

I picked up Owen from daycare and we went to the grocery store. The kid has recently lost all ability to sit still for over a quarter of a second, so we had only been the store for about a minute before all hell candy broke loose.

He refused to sit in the proper seat of the grocery cart, so to avoid a scene I let him sit in the back of the cart. My first words were, "Don't open anything." HA! Twenty seconds later, I looked down and he had a big M&Ms bag stuffed into his mouth. He violently ripped it out, creating a giant hole in the bag with M&Ms falling through the cart onto the floor. Right at this time, my phone rang. At this point, he was freaking out because he couldn't eat the candy off the grocery store floor and was jumping and crying in the back of the cart. I answered the phone on the fourth ring, but it was too late. The voice mail left from Jonathan said, "Hey, it's me... I'm at Schnuck's and my car won't start and I forgot my cell phone so I'm calling from inside, so... I hope you get this and come give me a jump."

Awesome! So I closed up the bag of candy and made my way to the checkout counter. This is the time in which he decided he had to go to the bathroom. So I took him to the bathroom, where he spent half his time worrying about the lady peeing in the neighboring stall. After making a scene in the checkout lane, we headed down the road to rescue Jonathan.

You would think that two adults with college degrees and 4.0 GPAs would have been able to figure out how to jump a car, but the Buick's negative terminal was nowhere to be found. To make a long story short, it wasn't till a friend rescued us at about 9:00 tonight that we finally got it going -- enough to make it a mile down the road to Firestone where we are hoping they can fix it tomorrow. As soon as Jonathan parked it there and turned on the air conditioning, that nearly sucked all the battery power -- so the battery is about 99% dead.

Poor Civic.

No comments: