Monday, March 07, 2011

Well, that was a blur of a weekend.

Jonathan couldn't leave until 7 pm Friday night, so pretty much all we had time for was to grab some pizza. He had to be up at 6:30 am Saturday morning to do a service project with his team, so I had to drive him back to the base, only for his bus driver to get lost. They never actually found the park they were supposed to have gone to.  As soon as I picked him up around noon, we headed over to Sea World. They have a program that allows military personnel and their families free admission into the park. That was a nice savings of around $120! We saw the Shamu show and Jack Hanna's wildlife show and checked out the other exhibits until the park closed at 5 pm. Then we went to the Quarry Market and ate at Joe's Crab Shack. On Sunday we went back to the Quarry for awhile then walked around downtown at the Riverwalk. After that, I had to take him back to the base. :(

Fun fact #1: Someone on Jonathan's team got in trouble for drinking (and driving, I think) so they are all getting put on lockdown starting next weekend! (It could mean that they can't leave their dorm, or they can't leave base... either way, I'm so glad it had to be NEXT weekend.)

Fun fact #2: The next time I see him, he'll be home for good! April 23... 46 days!

No comments: