Sunday, September 11, 2011
I was walking back to my apartment at WIU after class when Jonathan called me on my cell to tell me there was an explosion at the World Trade Center. I had never even heard of the WTC buildings, but it sounded serious so I turned the TV on in my room as soon as I got in. I want to say the second tower had not been hit yet. I watched it for a little while before I learned that classes were canceled for the day. That's when I knew it was very serious -- WIU never canceled classes! A little while later, Jonathan and I decided to go for a picnic at a nearby park. At one point, a plane flew overhead and I remember Jonathan saying that it must be an Air Force plane, because all other flights had been grounded. I remember the media and everyone's conversations on campus being centered around the events for quite some time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment