The Owen has been having major asthma issues lately. It's the same old story -- he got a cold, and the symptoms were mild, then that familiar cough crept in -- a barky, awful-sounding thing that is so persistent it almost makes him throw up. At night, even though he sleeps through his coughing for the most part, he has been so uncomfortable that I could hear him grind his teeth through two closed bedroom doors, WITH earplugs in. An ER visit was nearly made several nights in a row. He has been on an oral steroid for about four days and it is making him psycho.
Tonight that was very evident. Three of his best friends came over to play and for 2-1/2 hours he wanted nothing to do with them. He ended up in time out probably five times. After they left, he refused to get his pajamas on by resisting me, screaming and hitting me. Finally I got him to sit with me in the rocker. I asked him if he felt good and he said, "no." I asked if he wanted me to pray for him, and I got a small nod. So we prayed and I asked for healing for Owen and for a good night's rest. After the "amen" he said, "I love you, mommy" and walked over to bed. He has been in bed for about 20 minutes and I have only heard one cough. This is a very good sign -- maybe we'll both get some rest tonight. THANK YOU LORD!
**UPDATE**
He only had seven small coughing episodes during the night! That's a big improvement from coughing about every 1-10 minutes!
No comments:
Post a Comment