Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Cleaning out the iPhone photo/video album...

Last week we had a Play-Doh Night at the Griffith household. For kicks, I made up categories of things Jonathan and I had to sculpt and made Owen the judge. As someone who has taken about a half dozen studio art classes in college, including sculpture, I kind of thought I would have the upper hand. So I called the category -- vegetables. I worked so hard on my three little stalks of asparagus -- albino asparagus, mind you, as I stupidly chose white Play-Doh. I perfected each little flowery end and then looked up across the table at Jonathan's perfect carrot. I mean, PERFECT. Every little dimple and line was there, and you could almost eat it. *sigh.* (Sorry, picture didn't turn out.) Next category: fruit. I chose a banana that looked like... anything but a banana. This is Jonathan's apple -- again, perfect.

I'm thinking he has chosen the wrong career path.
Judge Owen had mercy and told us we "tied," though we all know that my sculpture skills are nonexistent.

---


And, here is a video that accurately captures the essence of Owen.

1 comment:

Julie said...

what a goofball...:)