I hate how the weekends go so fast. Saturday we got up bright and early to go to the Titanic exhibit at the Science Center with some friends. It was pretty interesting - got to go through partial replicas of the ship and saw some of the stuff they found in it in the ocean. One interesting thing I learned was that the people running the ship lost their binoculars, so the guy who spotted the iceberg could've spotted it a whole lot earlier had he been using them. Ironically, one of the pieces that they found down in the ocean was a pair of binoculars that a passenger had. Which makes me wonder, why didn't they ask around to see if anyone else had binculars? I would think that was kind of an important detail. We also saw an Omnimax movie about one of the trips they took down to the wreckage... that was OK, I guess.
Today we went to Lowe's after church and bought all kinds of stuff for our yard. I HATE our yard. It's got a lot of Zoysia grass, which is that light-colored stuff that's only green when it gets really warm out. Lots of people have it around here, and I don't understand why -- it looks like our yard is half-dead (which it may be).
Oh yeah, and I got back from the store this morning, and Jonathan yelled from the bathroom, "Hey, I decided to try something different!" I braced myself for the worst, and just as I expected, there he was with a goatee - or at least an attempt at one. He's still got some hair growing to do before it looks 100% right. I don't really like it, at least not now, but I'm holding onto the theory that since it makes him LOOK 10 years older, maybe he'll start ACTING it. It's just a theory.
No comments:
Post a Comment