So the tornado sirens were blaring, the temperature had just dropped about 10 degrees, and the wind started to pick up. I ran inside, but where was Jonathan? I went around the house looking through all the windows, straining to see if he was still outside. I finally made it back to the living room and there in plain sight was my husband, the supposed responsible leader of our household, standing in the front yard in his baseball cleats, holding his arm out and catching hail stones in his Frisbee.
You can imagine the immense pride I felt, knowing that all the neighbors (who we haven't met yet, and probably haven't formed any major judgments until now) were watching out their windows at an oncoming storm and the mentally retarded man standing in our yard in the midst of it all. It truly was a glorious sight.
I must add a disclaimer, however. Although my husband does enjoy storms a little too much, he does not tromp around in baseball cleats holding a Frisbee ALL the time. He was trying his new shoes on for Ultimate Frisbee. Yeah, I'll have to explain that one to the neighbors.
1 comment:
You're not alone!! During the Tornado that hit Springfield acouple weeks ago....The tornado went right next to our house, a up close and personal view (didn't cause much damage to our house..it just destroyed everything around it) Can you take a guess where Aaron was? Yep, the same place Jonathan would be, OUT ON THE FRONT PORCH!!!! It wasn't till after the tornado hit and almost blew him away does he decide to go to the basement. Ohh....but I do love him so!!!! JLW
Post a Comment