You know, sometimes I think it would be nice to live in St. Charles or Chesterfield -- OK, a lot of times. But where else would you get such a diverse bunch of Jerry Springer-esque folks, than in the beautiful Nelda Park neighborhood? My college roommate will definitely attest to the fact that I am an avid window-watcher (Remember Mirth?). I like to watch people, plus I'm nosy, so watching what the neighbors are up to is just plain fun. Living across the street from a full house of illegal Mexican immigrants not only provides a great deal of blog material, but plenty of enjoyment. Today's incident was definitely enjoyable, to say the least.
A few hours ago, our neighbor, Debbie, from across the street (next door to the Mexicans) came over to introduce herself. She's very nice, but definitely not one that you want to cross. She has a bone to pick with every single neighbor except the cop that lives next door to us (coincidence, huh). Most of her anger is a result of somebody's dog -- one neighbor's dog used to bark all night, so she took them to court and had the dogs taken away. And the Mexicans... oohhhh, the Mexicans. "I tolerate them. That's it." They have two pit bulls and apparently they have gotten out before and nearly attacked one of her family members. So when I came into the living room and looked out the window to see the Mexican's black pit bull barking at a terrified old man in Debbie's yard, I knew this was going to be good.
"GET YOUR F&*#%@ DOG AWAY! GET THEM AWAY! PUT THEM UP!" ... "I CAN GUARANTEE YOU ONE THING... THE NEXT TIME YOUR F@#%##@ DOGS GETS OUT, YOU'RE GONNA HAVE THE BIGGEST F@#%@# LAWSUIT ON YOUR HANDS!" (blah, blah, blah, obscenities and angry hand gestures, blah blah blah...) "YOU KNOW WHAT, THE NEXT TIME THEY'RE OUT, I'M GONNA F@#%#@ SHOOT 'EM! I WILL! I LOVE ANIMALS; I HAVE A DOG MYSELF. BUT I I'M TERRIFIED OF THOSE DOGS. THOSE NICE PEOPLE OVER THERE (I duck as she points in my direction) HAVE A FREAKIN' CHIHUAHUA! THAT WOULD BE LUNCH MEAT FOR YOUR DOGS!"
This went on an on for a good 15 minutes. I love the trailer park-ish drama; I'm not afraid to admit it. I'm just going to be really scared the next time I hear a shot.
1 comment:
Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»
Post a Comment