I wish I worked in a place like The Office on NBC. I like how they pull pranks on each other (maybe just Dwight) all the time... like the time they took his belongings and put them in the snack machine so he had to buy all his stuff back... or the time somebody put Dwight's stapler in Jell-o. That's great. Today my co-worker, Sharon, who keeps herself amused by talking to herself very loudly all day long, didn't notice when Pat started moving carts and boxes to enclose her in her cubicle. That's a sad time, when you're conversing with yourself at that high of a volume that you don't notice someone blocking your only exit. She eventually did figure it out, and that was entertaining for me. I laughed... at work, nonetheless. Amazing! What's funnier was that she didn't get mad or try to move the stuff... she just kept yapping and ordering people to get stuff for her since she couldn't get out. I've decided that I want to live in a world where stupid office pranks are required. (Deb, don't get any ideas)
Getting tickets kinda sucks. I had a pretty sucky morning trying to get my license back. In order to get the ticket off my record, I had to pay $50 cash bond, go to court in Oct. and then go to Defensive Driving School. Of course, I never have cash, let alone $50, so I had the lady try to explain to me where the nearest ATM was. I tried to go there, but couldn't find it. I was like, well great. So I drove further down the road because I figured surely there'd be another ATM close by. Well, I learned that there are some areas in St. Louis where banks probably don't want to be located, and I was in that area -- called Bellefontaine Neighbors. It was a lovely place, and made me think of Juarez, Mexico, with the flat roofs and iron bars over the windows and doors. There were plenty of wig shops and convenience stores, but no ATMs. Finally, I found one at some bank I'd never heard of and pulled up. Of course, it wasn't even a drive-through, so I had to wait for 2 people standing around ahead of me. They seriously took about 15 minutes each, and I was getting so mad. Finally, it was my turn. I was amazed by the technology these Bellefontonians had -- the ATM looked like it hadn't been replaced since the mid-80's. The plastic was all yellowed and nasty and it had one of those lovely DOS screens... you know, the kind with the dark screen and white letters with the flashing cursor. Well... very quickly I got a bad, bad feeling. The screen froze. My card was in it. I was alone. On a scary street. White girl all alone in a very non-white neighborhood. 15 minutes later, the @#%#@$ machine finally spit out my card and I jet out of there. I thought for sure that I was a gonner. I eventually found a slightly more modern and functional ATM, and paid the lady her stupid money that she probably uses on all the doughnuts I saw them stuffing their faces with while I was standing at the window.
Sorry, that's all the random stories I've got.
2 comments:
Be glad you didn't have to pay $159.00 for the ticket alone, plus an extra $120 for court supervision like I had to to get my ticket off my record from my ticket for going the same amount over the limit that you were in Tennessee!!! -alc
that was a long sentence. i'm exhausted.
Post a Comment