Spent a few hours Saturday going through some antique stores in Alton. Some of them are supposedly really haunted, so it was interesting to talk to the store owners about what they've seen and heard. I think people who don't believe in ghosts are silly. You really think the millions of sightings are just made up?! Anyhow, this was my first "antiquing" experience and it was... interesting. I thought a particular family member's basement was the largest collection of junk ever, but I was WRONG. I went through a couple of buildings that were pretty much just glorified city dumps. Wooden ducks... old glass bottles... a dead person in a glass case (or at lease a REALLY convincing fake)... a wooly mammoth tooth... the list goes on. My favorite was when Jonathan found an old Coke bottle that he wanted to add to his collection. Once we found the owner and asked how much he wanted for it, he very seriously asked us where we got it... which I found hilarious given that every single room was filled to the brim with this kind of stuff... what difference could it possibly have made?! That was a good experience -- will probably do it again. We tried to eat at Fast Eddie's but there were too many people there and we ended up eating some nasty Fazoli's. Mmmmm.
So now I'm super stressed out because a job opportunity has come up that seems 95% perfect. It's doing just what I want to do, it's with people I already know and like, and it's a block from my house (hmmm... 10 minute walk vs. 60 minute drive). They're looking to hire ASAP and they want me to apply now. The only problem is that it would be a slight pay cut from what I'm currently making. However, given that it's closer and I gain two hours back that I would normally be driving to/from work, I'm hoping to buy lots of sweet equipment to do freelance graphic work from home. Ahhhh! Prayers welcome!
2 comments:
what did you think of talladega nights??
i didnt think it was as great as the commercials made it out to be.
-aac
i could've done without the guys kissing and other stuff that was just gross, but it was ok. not as good as anchorman.
Post a Comment