I'm so glad I got that speeding ticket. Otherwise, I would not get to experience traffic court. It was a BLAST! It was the most fun I have ever had in a stuffy room with 40 other African-American folks who looked angry enough to shoot me just for fun. Yes, it was THIS NICE of an area. And even though a lot of these people were there for moving or building violations, you could tell they were no stranger to the courtroom.
"But juuuuuudge, ah don't understand what I'm sposed to do! I mowed mah yard!"
"Yes, but you have to trim around the edges of your house and the fence..."
"But the naybor's grass is a-comin' through the fence to mah side!"
"If you trimmed under the fence a little, that wouldn't happen. Come on. $25 a day until it's fixed."
After my turn was up and he gave me my ridiculously expensive fine, I went out in the hall and got in line to sign up for defensive driving school. While I was in there, I was listening to what was going on inside the courtroom and some guy didn't like that he was given the choice of paying what he owed or staying all night in jail. He stormed off pushing and shoving stuff into the hall right in front of me and a cop chased him. It was very entertaining.
So, yes. Defensive driving school. Makes me think back to some of the worst times in my life which involved one of my drivers ed teachers, Mr. West, who I believe is still hard at work corrupting drivers in the Jacksonville school system. I try not to hold grudges, but the thought of him still makes my blood boil. Now I have to go spend an entire Saturday reading a driver's ed book from 9:00 in the freaking morning until 5:00 at night. Ugghhh.
Lesson: It's less expensive and less of a hassle to just pay the ticket and leave it on your record.
Lesson 2: Don't get caught speeding.
2 comments:
Entries on your fun weekend in Jacksonville please? Don't make me post pictures. -alc
HHHEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOO????????
Post a Comment