Stressful morning. Wrote up my resignation letter and put it on my boss's desk, who was returning today from vacation. People are always in a bad mood when they return to work, and I had a feeling my letter was going to set her off. I went back to my desk and stared at some stuff for about an hour. I was so nervous I was about to puke, then she called me into her office. Freakin great. Now I'm gonna get yelled at, I thought. I walked into her office and she shut the door behind me. I was trapped. Then, the craziest thing ocurred. She was NICE. Oh, I'm very appreciative of all you've done for us, you've taken on every project I've thrown at you, blah blah blah, best of luck, i'm so happy for you...
It was awesome! Not what I was expecting. An hour later came stressful situation #2: breaking the news to my department. My boss called a meeting and in a very long and dragged-out fashion, told everyone I was "leaving the team" and there were about four simultanous loud gasps. My co-worker who's in her 40s that I work closely with came up to me after the meeting and was all teary-eyed.
Pat was all like, "I can't believe you didn't tell me!" And I was all like, "Because you're rude and you gossip like a 12-year old school girl!" Not really. I thought it though.
That's my story. My dream has come true -- ADMR is (almost) just a bad memory.
No comments:
Post a Comment