Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Haaaappy New Year! I suppose it's time to update this thing, although I'm still convinced that two people read this. :)

We just got back from a New Year's party at some friends'. Against my better judgment we took Owen along, even though he has a cold and hasn't been in a very good mood the last couple of days. He was really a trooper, because everyone (including the herd of 15 kids ranging in age from 1 to 12) was super-loud. He fell asleep a couple of hours ago after I covered his ears and has been asleep since. We would have come home sooner to put him to bed, but Jonathan felt the need to play RUGBY in the DARK. (Who does that?)

Here's something interesting. Today I was making a phone call to our insurance company about a question on an invoice, and determined that it's a really good thing that we have health insurance. I went through all our invoices and added up how much my pregnancy and delivery would have cost WITHOUT insurance.

GUESS!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

$6,392.45?

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm reading this blog of yours...my guess is somewhere of $5,000 for a vag. delievery and $20,000 for c-section.

KG said...

You guys are FUNNY.

Over $39,000.
That includes a doctor's visits, a whole bunch of ultrasounds, weekly monitoring at the hospital for over a month, a weekend hospital visit, visits to a specialist for the gestational diabetes, the labor, C-section and hospital stay.