This weekend we ventured north to see family. A good time was had by all, especially by Owen and Bitsy (the dog), who were spoiled rotten with amounts of food that they would not have normally eaten at home. Bitsy paid for it the next day, and let's just say she spent a lot of time in my parents' front yard. Owen's diet was out of whack as well, and had three poopy diapers in a span of about two hours last night. The last one was a blast. (pun intended)
We had already gotten a late start heading home last night, and finally left my parents' around 9 p.m. I remembered that Owen was out of diapers at daycare, so we stopped at the fabulous new Super Walmart in Jacksonville while I ran in by myself. I was just about to check out when I got a call from Jonathan informing me that Owen had left me yet another present in his pants. Unbelievable. On my way to the checkout, I had to do a double-take as I saw my family shopping for groceries, after having just left their house ten minutes before.
So I went out to the car, got Owen out (who had since fallen asleep in his pajamas), and carried him to the bathroom. Expecting to have a normal diaper change, I was quite disgusted by the explosion that had taken place. POOP WAS EVERYWHERE, including on his last clean outfit that we had packed. Crap. (pun intended)
I gave my mom, who was wandering around Walmart, a call. "Sooooo, you know how you're always wanting to buy Owen stuff? How'd you like to buy him a new outfit really quick?" She had no problem with this.
Meanwhile, I carefully extracted his clothing in the restroom and laid them in a pile on the floor. Girls walked in with an arm over their faces in an attempt to filter out the nasty smell that had permeated the restroom. Using every last wipe I had, I managed to clean him up and get a new diaper on him. At this point, I was pretty sure that Walmart employees knew something interesting was going on by the smell that had wafted out into the checkout area, and by Owen's ramblings, which had escalated to a loud yell once he realized how cool the echo was.
After 5-10 minutes of awkwardly holding a hyper, mostly naked Owen in the restroom by myself, my mom and sister showed up with a new outfit and socks. I can't say I was amused by the whole event (well, maybe a little), but Owen sure thought it was great. Half the way home, he blabbered and giggled at himself. I don't know what he was saying, but for about 45 minutes I'm pretty sure he was recounting the event in Owenese and laughing about it.
3 comments:
Wow, that is impressive!
And now he has yet another fire truck outfit!
That is an AWESOME story...make sure when he brings his girlfriend home to meet you for the first time that you tell that story!! :)
Post a Comment