Wednesday, March 04, 2009

I sold the car! Sort of. A guy is buying it for his 16-year-old son, and he didn't have all the cash today. So, he gave me a deposit and I made up a document stating he gets the keys when he hands over the rest of the amount tomorrow! Woo hoooo!

Craigslist is the way to go when advertising in the St. Louis area! I re-posted the car ad at midnight this morning, got my first call at 6:30 a.m. and have received about 15 since that time. Three people test-drove it by noon!

Unfortunately, in the mix of really normal people, it's expected to get calls from a couple of weirdos. I got one call from a lady in Kansas City who wanted to buy the car without seeing it first. (Riiiight.) This morning, I got a 5-minute voice mail message from a guy who didn't know it was recording and got into a fight with his wife about getting her _____ to work. That was entertaining. These emails I got are classic also:
Hi, this is Melanie and I'm sooooorta interested in your car....I live in Iowa but I have a friend(24) that lives a little over an hour outside of St. Louis...(in Illinois)...and she was recently in an accident and lost her car...and actually, she lost her best friend in the accident too...so she's ready to get a job and save up some money and get outta there...start a new life..she can barely handle being "trapped" as she says...lol...and her family just doesn't have the money to help her...so I'm willing to help...and I've been looking a lot around the area and your car is BY FAR the best I've seen..considering the price and miles...and the appearance is pretty good too...You seem like a pretty genuine person by your post so I'm hoping you can work with us..and we can trust you that this car is as good as you say...I don't wanna buy a piece of crap!...She has a job lined up...whenever she does get a car...she's gonna make $15 an hour...so she'd be able to pay you in no time...she lives at home for now so no bills...but BASICALLY she can't get a JOB without a car...but can't get a CAR without a job...lol...YEAH! One of those kinda things...So I told her we should look for someone that owns a decent car privately and we can try to work with them...then I found your post..so I'm really interested...I'm not sure really what you're looking for...as far as getting paid in full or what...or if you'd be willing to work with us...I told her I could give her a thousand dollars...maybe a little more...and hopefully she could take care of the rest...and if not..I could always make the monthly payments as a backup plan if you'd work with us...I'm not about to get screwed..and I'm not about to screw anyone! I'm a very honest person and I'm really just trying to help a friend...so if ANY of this sounds reasonable to you..please email me back..and if you're willing to take around $1,000 up front..and work out some kinda monthly payment plan with us...please contact me...I'm REALLY interested...

Oh man! You're breaking my heart with this...I really thought I had all this figured out...I guess I didn't work my charm well enough on you! lol...The truth is...I could buy this car for her in full, right now...but I just didn't want to do that...I have 3 times that much money in the bank right now...I do my best to save my money(Miss Reliable hint hint hint lol)...I just wanted to give her around a thousand..and let her do the rest...she doesn't feel right about me helping her in the first place...but I told her too bad...that's kinda why I wanted to work with someone doing the monthly thing..so she could take over..but I COMPLETELY understand why you couldn't take the risk...you can't trust people these days...BUT, if you somehow, some way, come to your senses about this lol...and realize you can trust us..ESPECIALLY ME...please get back to me..she's thinking she could give you around 800 a month or something...til it was paid off...which would really be no time...and if she didn't...I would...Really, please just think about it some more..I'm the most honest person on this planet..I wouldn't be practically begging you if I wasn't serious about this.. I was just really excited about this...aaaaaaand it all went down the tubes! lol I'm crushed! But anyways, thanks...if you change your mind...let me know! I'll be waiting!


If I could have reached through the computer screen, and in the most loving way possible, strangled her, I would have. :)

No comments: