I just had to share with the world my recent travel plan successes. Note that because of the recent stress, my attention span/level of concentration is nearly non-existent. All I can think about is getting to Texas for his graduation in January. So I've been doing a ton of research... check this out:
Hotel: I got two rooms with fridge/microwave in a clean, just-renovated, all modern-ey inside, hotel for four nights for $530. Must be a crappy hotel, you're thinking. Actually, it got the highest reviews of all the hotels in the area (4-1/2 stars). And it's right across the street from the entrance to the Air Force base! Score.
Airfare: Thank you, American Airlines, for your military discount. I got round-trip tickets for two people for $625. If you were to go online and order the exact same tickets for the same flights, it would cost $1280. SCORE.
It's still a lot of money, but divided among four people it's not bad at all.
Is it January yet?
No comments:
Post a Comment