Thursday, December 09, 2010

I got a letter from Jonathan today that sheds light on the whole TI situation. Here are some highlights:

December 1, 2010

I got to read letters for the second time today...

Yes, it was quite depressing to have to come back after spending the afternoon away for Thanksgiving...

Glad that you all had a good Thanksgiving there and that there was such a good turnout for Owen's birthday. That's quite the present pile he had there! I'm glad he really likes the work bench thing. I imagine he's been playing with it quite a bit since he got it....

Leo's Pizza: that sounds absolutely amazing right now.

Let's see here... could you please tell Jay & AJ, your mom, Ashley and Devin and my Grandma Griffith thank you for the letters and cards. Tell them I'd like to write them back myself but I'm pretty limited on writing privileges so I'm relaying my appreciation through you.

Things around here have still been not so much fun, but at least I've settled into the new 'lifestyle' and it's not as bad as the first couple weeks. Today, though, there was a significant meeting that drastically changed the course of things. It's kind of a long story, but the end result was that our flight and our 'brother' flight were called into a meeting with the Training Superintendent of the squadron.... so my boss's boss's boss. He asked if any 'unusual' activity had occurred during the last couple weeks by our instructors, which eventually led to a number of reports of incidents from our TI that apparently he was not supposed to have been doing... like cramming 56 of us into 7 bathroom stalls - with the stall doors closed and the lights off. I had to report an incident where he 'shoulder chucked' me into the wall and then grabbed my collar and yelled/spat in my face because I didn't say 'excuse me.' Good times. Anyhow, after quite a few more reports, we left to eat supper and came back to a different TI that informed us that our TI and the TI from our brother flight were no longer in charge... So, we pretty much got them in really big trouble and they have been 'fired' for the time being. So tomorrow we're going to have different instructors. There's mixed reaction around the flight, but I personally welcome the change since our previous TI was one of the strictest individuals they have. Needless to say, it's going to be an interesting next couple of days. We also found out that he should have been letting us read letters EVERY DAY and we should have been able to call home once every week. So... I should be getting to call every week (probably Sunday) from now on.

No comments: