Thursday, December 30, 2010

I'm feeling less than motivated to do real work today.

1. SIX DAYS till we get on the plane! This morning I asked Owen if he was excited about going up in an airplane and he said, "Yep! And I'll say, 'HOLD ON TO YOUR HELMETS!'" I think he's watched too much Little Einsteins.

2. I'm fairly certain that they've been working crack into Owen's diet at preschool. The good kind. For the last several months, his behavior has been terrible. I assume it's just a three-year-old thing, as confirmed by other moms of kids his age. On top of the tantrums and time-outs and yelling, he has had serious asthma/bronchitis issues recently so he's had a constant cough and poor sleep. Last week he got a steroid for his cough and an antibiotic for bronchitis and after a week (Dec. 26 or so), the cough was gone -- and with it, his nasty behavior! He has been a loving, sweet little boy who eats his dinner, gives hugs and obeys his mama! What's more, he's been virtually accident-free and only wears a Pull-Up at night. Sometimes I sit and stare at this kid, wondering what happened to the old one and what I did to deserve such wonderful behavior. Let's hope he keeps this up during our trip to San Antonio.

No comments: