Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I got a phone call from Jonathan this evening! Here are my random notes from the call:
  • Last Monday they did an obstacle course which he said was pretty cool, and Wednesday they went through the gas chamber, which was not so cool.
  • Today they did something with M-16s.
  • He was a little bummed that he missed getting his Marksman ribbon by two points.
  • His new TIs are better. One's "cool" and one's just "all right"
  • The weeks are going by faster and it's getting easier.
  • Recently he got nervous and did something wrong (I didn't understand the whole story), and his punishment was to write 2,000 sentences. Some of the guys in his flight helped him out.
  • Next week is BEAST (Basic Expeditionary Airman Skills Training) Week. Basically they go to a simulated combat deployment site and have mock war for a week.
  • He is the oldest person by several years in his entire squadron of 110 people.
  • He's been eating a lot and thinks he's probably gained weight. He said the food is really good, but there's just not time to enjoy it.
  • Church is "OK". He said they sing the same songs over and over again and it's really monotonous.
  • I asked him if he had any restaurant requests for when we visit. He really, really wants a stuffed crust pepperoni pizza from Pizza Hut.
  • They get to call again on Sunday. Now this is hilarious -- Today the TI announced that anyone who has a "hot wife or girlfriend" gets five extra minutes on Sunday's call. So everyone with a significant other had to show a picture to the TI, who then determined her hotness. I am in shock, but I somehow made the cut!

3 comments:

Brad said...

At least he'll probably be reasonably happy if he's getting to blow stuff up.

Brad said...

Here's the t-shirt you should get:

Someone in the Air Force thinks I'm hot...and so does my husband.

KG said...

Hehe. Let me know if you find one of those.