Owen is usually fairly well-behaved during the day, but I can always count on a vicious battle at bedtime. No matter what time I put him to bed, he just can't fall asleep, despite all the tricks I've tried. It's like his brain will just not let him sleep -- he lays in bed and sings and talks and laughs for an hour or more. He is reminded nightly of the consequences of getting out of bed yet he still does it, presenting me with a plethora of excuses for why he is up. ("I have to tell you something." "I can't find my puppy." "I need a tissue.")
After the second time he came out of his room last night, I stood at the doorway with the evil mom look on my face. I angrily said, "Look at this." (pointing to face) "NOT HAPPY." Without even a thought, he said, "Look at this." (pointing to huge grin on his face) "HAPPY."
I had to duck behind a door to mask my laughter and to compose myself.
I must say, that Owen is a quick-witted fellow.
1 comment:
Absolutely hilarious; he got you!
Post a Comment