Friday, October 21, 2011

The other day we smelled something very bad in one corner of the storage room in our basement. I'm not sure I have ever smelled a dead mouse, but I thought this had to be it. I pulled stuff out, looked at every corner with a flashlight -- nothing. I even grabbed Bitsy and sat her down in the corner. (Note: She may be the size of a cat, lazy like a cat, act like a cat -- but do not be mistaken. She has no interest in hunting a mouse.)

When Jonathan got home, he tore the whole room up looking for this thing until finally he realized that the little propane tank that we had used while camping a few weeks ago had been leaking. It smelled a little like... (drumroll) a dead mouse.

Whew. I wasn't too comfortable with the thought that mice were living amongst us.

That brings me to pointless story #2:
In moving things around in the basement, Jonathan got into his old metal trunk that held his old blankie and stuffed animals from when he was a kid. He pulled out his old dog puppet that he loved so dearly and mentioned he might give it to Owen. I had no idea how much this would affect the kid.

Meet Brownie, Owen's new best friend.



He hugs it and talks to it and cares for it like it was his child. Yesterday morning I couldn't even get him ready for school because of all of Brownie's needs. Brownie had an ouchie on his leg so he needed an imaginary Band-Aid. He had to pee "weewy weewy bad" so he fake peed "outside" in the corner of Owen's room. He was hungry so he ate fake dog food out of Owen's hand. Today Owen took him to show and tell -- I look forward to hearing about all the kids who got punched in the face for touching his precious Brownie dog.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Ohh my goodness! I will NEVER forget brownie. I have one too, except mine is a girl and she is grey. I will have to find her and give her to Paige. Wouldn't that we a cute picture for the cousins?? :)