Friday, October 14, 2011

Today is Jonathan's birthday. I didn't take Owen to school, and we made peanut butter blossom cookies right after breakfast. He was a big help (so he thought, at least), and his task was to unwrap the Hershey's kisses -- the same job I remember having when making them with my mom 25 years ago.  Ouch, that makes me feel old. 

All week, I've been conspiring with Jonathan's co-worker, Taleana, on a plan to surprise him at work for lunch today. He works at Wells Fargo Advisors, along with 5,000+ other St. Louisans and security is tight. That made it more of a surprise that Owen and I made it up to the floor where he works.

Apparently we almost didn't get away with it. In Taleana's words: "He has already tried going somewhere else for lunch… I had to tell him NO.. don’t go.. .. Matt was laughing at me.. because I said.. don’t ask questions.. you just have to stay here.. he said why.. I said jon.. shut up.. you just have to stay here.. no more questions.. just stay here."

Jonathan enjoyed the surprise and we had a lovely lunch of soggy Penn Station sandwiches and fries in one of their cafeterias. Tonight we celebrated at Chevy's. It was grand. The end.

-------

Owen had many memorable quotes from the backseat this evening. This is one that stuck with me.

O: What animal makes the sound 'moooooo'?
K: Hmmm... I'm not sure. What letter does it start with?
O: (sounding it out) kuh... kuh... K.
K: Oh, a kow! Got it.

No comments: